Moderator: Moderators

Plaats reactie
V6peter
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door V6peter »

Finally some good news at last!!!

Keep up the good work and make this beast roar like hell!!

:bier:
ljupce@mx3
Test-Pilot
Test-Pilot

Bericht door ljupce@mx3 »

en nog nieuws,
ik ben benieuwd
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door JD GRAFFIX »

After an intensive runing-in period, all systems were runing fine, the car feels a lot more responsive but is lacking power above 6000rpms. Last Saturday we decide to install the MAPecu in learning as the car would be run on the dyno at JAF.
The MAPECU is brilliant.... in less than 1 hour it was connected and the car was runing.
On the way to JAf I had the laptop hooked to the mapecu so I could see everything that was happening with the mixture, and as I suspected due to the big injectors the car was runing constantly rich.....and I mean really Rich!!!
Once at JAF I put it on the dyno, first run on 30psi on the fuel rail produced 160hp, so reduced the presure by 5psi and run it again.....we gained 12Hp, so I reduced 5psi again and we got a reading of 182HP but the car was still not producing power above 6200rpms, not willing to lower the fuel preasure any lower than 20psi, (this would probably change the spray pattern of the injectors) I decided to call it a day and start trying to pin point were the problem was. After a close inspection of the spark plugs it was clear that it was not burning correctly. Initally I thought my timimg was out, but after a quick check with the strobe light, the timimg was spot on.
There had to be something else....after a bit of head scratching the answer came to me as I stared at the Irridium R spark plugs. With my old engine and set-up I was runing the IK24 (very cold ) due to the amounts of Nitrous that I was spraying, now the K8 usues a IK16 and the kl-ze a IK20, so I Changed all the plugs for the hotter plugs (IK20), warmed the car up and took it to the local testing ground. what a difference even the iddle sounds better, the engine was pulling all the way to 7500rpms with out any problems, but still not reaching max power. We are just waiting on the arrival of the wideband with the data-logging system, as soon as we can hook that up we will be able to fine tune everything. Once that has been acchieved we will have a very good base fuel map from which to tune the MAPecu to the turbo.
Lead, Follow or get the @!**% out of the way
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

SideSkirts on Back order :-(
V6peter
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door V6peter »

Wow,what a story man!

But I see you're still making progress.

Keep it up and keep us posted!!

:bier:
Laatst gewijzigd door V6peter op 08 okt 2006, 22:16, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Marcjuh
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot

Bericht door Marcjuh »

I did see you @ JAF with your nice and shining new under the hood ... It lookked good ..!!

I am aroused by curiosity to see the end result (and if I can believe your planning it will be banging...!!!)

Good luck with you MX-3
Afbeelding
WhiteFinish
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Type Mazda: Mazda MX-3 2.5i V6
Bouwjaar: 1991
Contacteer:

Bericht door WhiteFinish »

Mikee,

Is there allready some news??

Is the turbo allready on or are you still busy with the learning mode from you map-ecu?
N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door JD GRAFFIX »

sorry guys I have had to neglect my car this week, as I have been rebuilding another kl-ze for a client, and trying to do some work on my 300zx (my driftcar) and I havent even driven my RX7 (first model) yet......The wideband has arrived and that was the final piece of the puzzle, so as from this Saturday we start to build up, if we have not set backs it should run by next weekend.
Lead, Follow or get the @!**% out of the way
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

SideSkirts on Back order :-(
jeroentje.nl
MazdaMx-3 Sponsor
MazdaMx-3 Sponsor

Bericht door jeroentje.nl »

update:

Intercooler piping is klaar.
Intercooler is aangepast (aansluiting aan 1 kant)
Alleen de blow off er nog op en temp. sensor.

Daarna de downpipe aanpassen omdat deze T3 turbo een andere flens heeft als aan de downpipe zit orgineel.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
RichMX-3
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot

Bericht door RichMX-3 »

damn jongens !!!!
knap zieke job waar jullie me bezig zijn ! :mrgreen:
hou ons op de hoogte want ziet er behoorlijk goed uit zo :bier:
ik zou zeggen kom 4 nov. ff showen in almere dan is ie toch wel klaar? :mrgreen:
S14 >> 311,9 BHP @ 6505 rpm and 379,0 Nm @ 5345 rpm << << Vroeeeeemmmmm Ptssssshhh >>
scary
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot

Bericht door scary »

sow dat ziet er ff powerfull uit :shock: 8)
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie