Plaats reactie
marcel v6
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Type Mazda: Mazda MX-3 2.5i V6
Bouwjaar: 1994
Contacteer:

Bericht door marcel v6 »

Dit is toch niet te geloven meer :shock: tweede KL-ZE blok ook al stuk :cry: Ik wens je veel sterkte Mikey. Ik hoop dat je er snel achterbent wat het nou daadwerkelijk is kerel.
2,5L V6 KLZE Curved Neck.
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door JD GRAFFIX »

01-09: Yesterday I took the valve cover off the front bank. Everything looked ok so far, no pieces of metal or visible damage. Next the cam shafts, as soon as I removed one the camshaft controling the exhaust valves one of the HLAs from cylinder no:6 pop up (not a good sign) on further inspection the valve has just broken off in two. The upper half remained attached to the valve spring and the other half has dropped inside the piston chamber causing catastrofic engine failure, this is whats usually know as dropping a valve.......Result: GAME OVER.

I am not one to just give up, so with no other choice the reserve engine was brought out and I began getting it ready for the transplant....fotos will follow.
Lead, Follow or get the @!**% out of the way
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

SideSkirts on Back order :-(
justa
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot

Bericht door justa »

damn that suck's man.
good luck... :cry:
marcel v6
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Bouwjaar: 1994
Contacteer:

Bericht door marcel v6 »

Heb je al wat meer nieuws Mikee. Ik doel dan op goed nieuws ;)
2,5L V6 KLZE Curved Neck.
jeroentje.nl
MazdaMx-3 Sponsor
MazdaMx-3 Sponsor

Bericht door jeroentje.nl »

er zal snel weer nieuws komen.

Mike doet het iets rustiger aan nu want hoeveel tijd er de laatste paar weken in ging zitten was niet gezond.

Maar alles lijkt wel de goede kant op te gaan nu.
justa
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot

Bericht door justa »

gelukkig weer goed nieuws :bier:
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door JD GRAFFIX »

08-09: Well as mentioned above the engine is beyond repair. After taking the head off the engine this is what we found:

www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4807.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4808.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4809.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4810.jpg

After seeing that I started working on the reserve engine. Seeing as this engine was extremely clean from the outside I decided not to paint it and just swap the valve covers, intake and all the other nice parts from the blown engine over to this one.
Everything was going really smooth until I needed to change the timing belt.
I tried to turn the crankshaft to the neutral position (small dot on crank pully) and to my surprise it would only turn about 240 degrees. I gently tried and tried again.......this could not be happening!!!! something was blocking the engine, or at least piston no:4.

Well, after trying everything including taking the camshafts out and inspecting the valves I was left with no other choice but to take the heads off. I really didnt want to do this due to the costs of the gaskets, and after all... this was supposed to be a perfect engine.

After a very frustrating 2 hours we could finally see what the problem was.
The Pistons had a very heavy coating of Carbon build up, obviously this engine has never been pushed hard or even reached optimal temperature as this would normally burn most of this off,

www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4811.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4814.jpg

well it seems during transportation some of this carbon came loose and fell inside the cylinder, so by turning the crankshaft the piston came up and compressed all the carbon against the head and therefore blocking the crankshaft.........Obviously this is not my Month!!! 2 engines rebuilds in one month.

So at least all was not lost....now that I had all the engine appart I might aswell start to give it the Full Performance treatment.
Port enlargement, port matching to the old intake, port polishing, valves cleaned polished and regrinded back into the seats, pistons cleaned and polished and a load of other small things.....

www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4817.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4815.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4820.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4818.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4821.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4816.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4819.jpg

and just to put this topic back on track, this is what its all about:

www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4822.jpg
www.jeroentje.nl/media/foto/4823.jpg
Lead, Follow or get the @!**% out of the way
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

SideSkirts on Back order :-(
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door turbulence »

damn miguel, you really don't have any luck at the moment...

gotta say, those valves of the first engine are really f*cked up, they got quite a bang...

good luck, i still hope you will get it done sooner or later, but don't overrush it, take your time, you will get it done!!!!
Ervaring is de naam voor de optelsom van onze fouten
Tiga
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door Tiga »

Pffff, shit man...and then to think I was upset because my swap isn't going as planned. It could be much worse.

But what a f*cking great job you are doing on those engines. Cleaning all up etc.

RESPECT bro!!!
WhiteFinish
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Bouwjaar: 1991
Contacteer:

Bericht door WhiteFinish »

You've got some bad-luck mate...

BUt your doing a hell of a job on cleaning your engine!!

It really looks good. :bier:
N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences
Plaats reactie