Joeppie heb een BPV. Wat nu?

Alles over Motorische Tuning of vragen hierover

Moderator: Moderators

JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door JD GRAFFIX »

There are two things......a preasure regulator and a power boost valve.

Scary has a power boost valve from Malpassi with a double membrane.

on a conventional adjustable presure regulator when you give gas, it will raise the preasure by 10psi, but the version that Scary and I used goes up by 20psi. (double membrane)

The preasure at wide open throtle on the fuel rail is around 41psi, so if you set the boost valve while on iddle at 41 psi, when you give gas it will go up to 61psi, and thats just a bit too rich.

oh BTW, I hope you bought the optional meter that goes with it....otherwise its very hard to tell what preasure its set at :oops:
Laatst gewijzigd door JD GRAFFIX op 18 mar 2007, 18:59, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Lead, Follow or get the @!**% out of the way
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

SideSkirts on Back order :-(
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door turbulence »

and what are those then that jeroentje sells?

a preasure regulator or a power boost valve?
Ervaring is de naam voor de optelsom van onze fouten
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

preasure regulators. these will do the job perfectly. Double membranes are a bit of an over kill, I needed the extra preasure to run the Nitrous and thats why I sold mine and got just a conventional one now.
The Malpassi untis are normally used for heavy modiffieds like gijs's Skyline (also installed)
Warning: Does not play well with others. (It seems others have a problem with losing)

woytek
Pilot
Pilot

Bericht door woytek »

So if I want my mixture to be better with modified in- and outtakes, I need the things jeroentje sells?
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

JD GRAFFIX schreef:preasure regulators. these will do the job perfectly. Double membranes are a bit of an over kill, I needed the extra preasure to run the Nitrous and thats why I sold mine and got just a conventional one now.
The Malpassi untis are normally used for heavy modiffieds like gijs's Skyline (also installed)

but wouldnt the overkill be negative for the performance on harrie his mx then?

he is just running a stock 1.6 4banger... or can you set it so that it also gives performance to a not so heavily modded car
JD GRAFFIX
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot
Contacteer:

90% of the people out there dont really need a boost valve it. If you are running boost of any kind (nos, SC, Turbo) you will need the extra fuel received from raising the fuel preasure and getting the max out of your injectors.

If you have the Basic Performace Upgrades
fitted and you are thinking or have been ranged then you will deffinetly benefit by rasing the fuel preasure at WOT to around 43/45psi by using a standard Fuel preasure regulator. you are not raising the preasure by much but this does improve the power curve and gives you a good safety margin when you are pushing the car to the limits.

On harries car the power boost valve is set to a max of 41psi, for his engine that would be a good combination, but the boost valve is just doing 15% of what its capable of doing, thats why I said overkill. its like using a 30 ton lorry to carry a fridge.

Choclate Brownie

Bericht door Choclate Brownie »

Indeed i have a 1.6 4 cilinder banger! But i notice that when i totally flat the gas panel the engine will hold in. I did a testrun today 120 km/pu and engine was responding correctly, I think with alot of water in the air the engine has problems cooping the air/fuel mixture. Maybe the Air-mass sensor is not so accurate anymore or maybe i could think about a whole other airfilter, Now a openair (sport) filter is used. Maybe a coldair filter will improve the preformance. but now, what kind of brand/mark do i need for Higher preformance with this engine?
Kijk niet te veel naar achter, want dan mis je de toekomst van voren.

Afbeelding
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Choclate Brownie schreef:Indeed i have a 1.6 4 cilinder banger! But i notice that when i totally flat the gas panel the engine will hold in. I did a testrun today 120 km/pu and engine was responding correctly, I think with alot of water in the air the engine has problems cooping the air/fuel mixture. Maybe the Air-mass sensor is not so accurate anymore or maybe i could think about a whole other airfilter, Now a openair (sport) filter is used. Maybe a coldair filter will improve the preformance. but now, what kind of brand/mark do i need for Higher preformance with this engine?

het kan zijn dat de drukregelaar dan gewoon teveel zn werk doet en teveel benzine inspuit waardoor de mengverhouding niet meer optimaal is...

open luchtfilter is natuurlijk in dit geval niet verkeerd. aangezien je meer benzine binnenbrengt moet er ook meer lucht bij om tot een optimale mix te komen van benzine en lucht..

in principe zijn de meeste filters wel goed, als je het echt goed wilt doen kijk dan naar een ongeolied filter ( injen bijvoorbeeld) de voeler van de VAF is gevoelig voor de olieen die op de luchtfilters zitten...

maar normaal kan een gewoon filtertje het ook wel doen... even mooi stukje alu buis er tussen met daarop een bochtje zodat het filter iets naar beneden komt te hangen en echt goed koude lucht kan aanzuigen ( hoe kouder de lucht, hoe meer zuurstof er daar inzit)
Choclate Brownie

Hmmmmz ok zal er ff naar kijken.. Heb nu nachtdienst, dus uit mijn nacht ff naar de onderdelen shop! :lol: maar Hoe? en waar? stel ik die BPV in? Of heb jij een x zin om naar mijn motor te kijken turbu? :bier: met een biertje afterwards!

::offtopic:: Streamer zit op mijn voorruit! :rock: ::ontopic::

Afbeelding
Choclate Brownie

Of is dit een idee voor een luchtintake turbu?
Afbeelding ;)

Afbeelding
Plaats reactie